The latest Amiga game news, reviews and opinions.

Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Backbone Platformer and Tutorial in the Works

A few weeks back I decided to install the final version (before it was sadly shelved) of games creation package "Backbone", on my trusty A1200. It seemed to be one of the easiest ways to put a game together, and I was keen to have a go.

Now, I'm no doubt being thick, but for the life of me I was unable to find any documentation within the archive detailing how you go about creating a game from scratch. Sure, there were some examples of basic games bundled with the package, but as soon as I started making changes to those all kinds of weird and wonderful 'features' cropped-up.

Thankfully, Australian based Amiga user Cammy, has decided that the issue of Backbone lacking some decent documentation needs to be resolved. At the same time, this has meant that a new Amiga platformer is being created.

Here's Cammy to explain;
"[I'm] using Backbone, because Rebel and I are writing a tutorial on Backbone and needed to make an example game to go with it.

All the graphics are by him so far, I'm just working on level design on this one at the moment".
And what lovely graphics they are. Below are three screenshots from the work in progress version of the game, and they really do look lovely.


You'll be pleased to learn that Cammy has kindly made a work in progress version of the game available to download from the following location:
http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/BackboneGame.lha

Have a go, and let her know what you think by dropping her a message on the English Amiga Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment